CHOOSING YOUR EXAM LOCATION
Before the commencement of your online exam, please ensure your exam room is setup to these requirements:
- You must sit your exam in a private environment; this may be your home, office or another environment that is conducive to an exam setting.
- You must be in a walled room with a closed door, and free from noise, distractions or anything that may disrupt your exam.
- You must sit your exam at an appropriate desk, table or workstation.
- No one else is permitted to enter the room while you are completing your exam.
- Additionally, your computer screen should not be visible to others, and at no time are you to receive assistance from another individual during the exam.
As outlined under identification verification, you will be required to use your webcam to record a short video presenting your face, identification and a 360-degree view of your environment before you begin your exam. We will need to see that you are in a private environment – one that is safe and free from noise, prohibited materials, interruptions and any other individuals.
If you have concerns about your exam location, please contact us.
ON EXAM DAY
On the day of your exam, you will be able to commence your exam between the hours of 6.00am and 9.00pm (AEST). You will not be able to commence an exam after 9.00pm (AEST), but you will be able to continue to complete an exam that you have already commenced.
Your exam is 120 minutes in duration. We also recommend you allow for an additional 10 – 15 minutes for the exam check-in process. Therefore, the latest we recommend you log into My Online Learning is 8.45pm (AEST).
You have one attempt to complete your exam. You are not able to pause or extend the time on the countdown once your 120 minutes has commenced, so be sure you’re ready before you log in.
When you’re ready to log in, you will do so via My Online Learning (see accessing your exam) and you will be directed to the online exam environment where you’ll be instructed to complete the check-in process, including:
- Read the CPA Program online exam instructions
- Review the navigation instructions
- Satisfy the identification and environment requirements
- Complete a system test
- Agree to the CPA Program Exam Conditions
Upon completion of the check-in process, you will commence your exam.
For further information on the check-in process, refer to the exam preparation webinar in Guided Learning.
Your exam is open book and you may access authorised materials on your exam desk area, comprising the hardcopy of the study guide, supported printed materials, paper, pens, pencils and a standard calculator.
Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off.
No phones, tablets, smart watches or other electronic devices are permitted.
You should not access a PDF version or an eBook version from within your computer during the online exam, and should not perform online searches.