Pathway to CPA membership
Step 1: Determine your eligibility
- are a current member of good standing with ACCA and not under any investigation for professional conduct infringements
- did not gain entry to ACCA membership through another Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA), any other similar pathway agreements or any special member pathway
- have successfully completed all ACCA exams and Practical Experience Requirements (PER)
- have maintained membership with ACCA for a minimum of five consecutive years
- hold a university degree recognised by CPA Australia as being at least comparable to Australian Bachelor degree level. This will be determined during the verification of your application.
Step 2: Apply
Step 3: Verification and outcome of your application
Your application will take approximately 10 to 15 working days to verify. We will send you an email advising you of your assessment outcome.
Membership pathways FAQ
Keep your practice at the head of your field with opportunities for learning, mentorship, online courses and events
My Career Navigator
We've partnered with Burning Glass Technologies to provide an online tool to help you discover in-demand skills with employers.
Find out about our membership benefits, how to renew your membership and how to advance to FCPA status
Academic institution support
Professional accreditation and international accreditation guidelines
Starting the CPA Program
How to apply, entry pathways to the CPA Program and Foundation program, fees and scholarships
How to apply
To start the CPA Program, you’ll need to be a member of CPA Australia