CPA Australia is proud to have launched its inaugural Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
The Reflect RAP is endorsed by Reconciliation Australia and formalises CPA Australia’s commitment to social change and reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the broader Australian community.
Reconciliation Australia’s RAP framework provides a structured approach to assist organisations like CPA Australia in supporting reconciliation. There are four types of RAP: Reflect, Innovate, Stretch and Elevate. CPA Australia has a Reflect RAP, which is the first stage of our reconciliation journey.
The Reflect RAP provides a framework for CPA Australia to build greater engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We seek for our employees, members and the broader community to develop and foster a genuine
respect for, and understanding of, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their cultures.
In implementing a Reflect RAP, our objectives are to:
- Build organisational awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures, histories and achievements
- Promote the inclusion and diversity of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees and members
- Educate, promote and support career opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Accounting profession
- Celebrate significant events in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ calendars to promote awareness of histories and communities, and
- Establish and maintain a RAP working group to implement the initiatives outlined in the RAP.
Download CPA Australia's Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
Watch the Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Launch Video
CPA Australia - Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
Perspectives on CPA Australia's Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
Steve Rossingh FCPA is a Director of the Northern Territory Treaty Commission and is a Fellow of CPA Australia. Hear Steve's thoughts on CPA Australia's inaugural Reflect RAP and what he hopes to see as a result of it being implemented.
CPA Australia - Steve Rossingh
Holly Martin is a Business Development Manager with CPA Australia, working across New South Wales and the Northern Territory. Learn more about Holly, her cultural heritage and what reconciliation means to her.
CPA Australia - Holly Martin
Indigenous Accountants Australia