The CPA Australia Board of Directors governs five committees that assist the board in their decision-making and policy processes. All committee members are appointed by the board.
Audit and Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee assists the board in the areas of statutory reporting, internal control systems, risk management systems, insurance and legal proceedings, and the internal and external audit functions.
Audit and Risk Committee Charter – 8 December 2017 (PDF)
The primary function of the Finance Committee is to assist the board to develop financial strategies for CPA Australia. These strategies include managing budgetary processes and strategic finance management, improving the quality of internal and external reporting, and ensuring correlation between organisational key performance indicators and related financial information.
Finance Committee Charter – 23 August 2018 (PDF)
The Nomination Committee’s role is to assist the Board and Appointments Council in the effective discharge of their responsibilities, having regard to the law, the highest standards of governance, and the diversity of the membership.
It is responsible for, among other things:
- assessment and recommendation to the Appointments Council candidates for appointment to the Board
- advising the Board and Appointments Council on succession plans for the Board.
The Nomination Committee comprises two directors, two members of the Appointments Council, and two independent members:
Members of the Appointments Council
- Ivana Bosio (South Australia)
- Kerry Phillips (Queensland)
- Business Law Specialist, Geoff Rees
- Clinical Professor, Leanne Rowe AM
The external independents bring decades of corporate and governance experience.
Geoff Rees is a highly experienced commercial lawyer, former Chairman of the Legal Practitioners Liability Committee, long term Director of the commercialisation entity of the University of Melbourne and Victorian editor of Business Law and General Counsel modules of LexisNexis Practical Guidance.
Clinical Professor Leanne Rowe AM (Doctor of Medicine, MB BS, FRACGP, Dip RACOG, FAICD, HonLLD) is a medical practitioner and former non-executive director at the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Medibank Private and beyondblue, and former Deputy Chancellor at Monash University.
Nomination Committee Charter – 4 July 2018 (PDF)
Member Engagement Committee
The Member Engagement Committee’s role is to act in an advisory capacity in relation to matters involving member engagement with all of CPA Australia’s members by:
- providing advice to the Board on member-related strategies
- providing advice to the Board on member services and product (at a strategic level)
- advising on and maximising the effectiveness of communications with members and other key stakeholders
- doing all it reasonably can to protect and enhance the external reputation of CPA Australia.
Member Engagement Committee Charter – 4 April 2018 (PDF)
Independent Review Implementation Committee
The Independent Review Implementation Committee’s responsibilities are to provide the Board with advice and guidance in relation to the findings and recommendations of the Independent Review.
Specifically, the Committee will:
- review the Independent Review’s preliminary report and final report
- assess each of the recommendations; recommend to the Board appropriate actions required in relation to each recommendation
- recommend an implementation plan to the Board with specific actions, timelines and budgetary implications
- ensure members receive transparent communication in relation to the implementation plan
- provide ongoing monitoring of progress against the implementation plan
- provide implementation plan progress reports to all members every six months.
Independent Review Implementation Committee Charter – 4 April 2018 (PDF)