Member’s name: Mr Stephen W Evans
Date of Hearing: 24 March 2011
Division: South Australia
Tribunal: Disciplinary Tribunal
On 23 March 2011 the Disciplinary Tribunal found Mr Steven W Evans breached Article 39(a)(ii)l of the Constitution in that he "failed to comply with any reasonable and lawful direction of the Board or its delegate which relates to the good order and administration ofthe Company including a failure to comply with a Determination including relating to costs" in failing to respond to 5 letters from CPA Australia in relation to a complaint made about him.
The Disciplinary Tribunal forfeited Mr Evans’ membership, ordered he pay a fine of $2000 and costs of $718.
Should Mr Evans seek readmission to membership, he must first:
- provide a written response to the complaint to the satisfaction of CPA Australia such that its investigation may be finalised,
- have paid the fine of $2000, and
- have paid the costs of $718,
In addition, if at the time he seeks readmission, Mr Evans is offering Public Accounting Services, he must first:
- complete the Public Practice Program,
- hold a CPA Australia Public Practice Certificate, and
- provide proof that he holds an appropriate policy of professional indemnity insurance.