Member’s name: Ms Pearlie Ho
Date of Hearing: 22 June 2011
Division: New South Wales
Tribunal: Disciplinary Tribunal
On 22 June 2011 the Disciplinary Tribunal found Ms Pearlie Ho breached:
- former Clause 27(1 )(a) of the Constitution in that she was “guilty of a breach of the Constitution, ByLaws, Code ofProfessional Conduct or Standards" in that Ms Ho breached former By Law 9.4 and current By-Law 9.5 in that despite being selected in 2008, the Member failed to undertake and successfully complete a Quality Assurance Review.
- Article 39(a)(ii)l of the Constitution in that Ms Ho “failed to comply with any reasonable and lawful direction of the Board or its delegate which relates to the good order and administration of the
Company..." in failing to respond to correspondence from CPA Australia in relation to complaints made about her.
Penalties and costs
The Disciplinary Tribunal imposed the following penalty and costs:
- That Ms Ho undertake a Quality Assurance Review by 30 September 2011 and have the signed Report to CPA Australia by 16 December 2011, a failure to meet either of those dates to result in forfeiture of membership for two years.
- That all outstanding subscriptions and fees be paid by 28 July 2011, a failure to do so to result in forfeiture of membership.
- That Ms Ho pay CPA Australia's costs of $616 within 30 days, a failure to pay to result in forfeiture of membership.
- Should Ms Ho be forfeited for any of the reasons referred to above, a condition of readmission is that the Member has successfully completed a Quality Assurance Review prior to readmission.
The Tribunal took into account “exceptional circumstances" and ordered publication of the outcome of the Hearing but ordered that her name not be disclosed unless Ms Ho fails to comply with any of the above sanctions.
Ms Ho failed to undertake her Quality Assurance Review by the dates specified above, her membership was forfeited and her name was disclosed.