Study options for Hong Kong taxation subjects
Members in Hong Kong may study a local taxation subject offered by Hong Kong Metropolitan University (ACY B804F Advanced Taxation) and receive recognition of study in the CPA Program.
CPA Australia and Hong Kong Metropolitan University have a long-standing relationship that ensures they are expertly placed to deliver this local taxation solution for members in Hong Kong.
The subject content will undergo regular review to ensure it meets CPA Australia’s stringent expectations.
When to choose Hong Kong Taxation
If you have not satisfied CPA Australia’s tax competency requirement, you are advised in My CPA Program to complete taxation study ( Australia Taxation) as a requirement to become a CPA.
However, if you’re based in Hong Kong and intend to pursue a career in Hong Kong, it may be more appropriate to complete local taxation study with Hong Kong Metropolitan University.
What to expect
To complete this study with Hong Kong Metropolitan University, you will be required to take the following steps:
- Enrol with Hong Kong Metropolitan University.
- Follow instructions provided by the university, study using the resources provided, and sit an exam with the university.
- When you successfully complete the subject and receive an official statement of your exam result, submit this to CPA Australia for recognition as an elective unit of study in the CPA Program.
Note, the taxation subject with Hong Kong Metropolitan University is available to both Master of Accountancy students and single-course enrolments. Visit Hong Kong Metropolitan University for more information.
How to apply for recognition
- Log in to our website using your member ID or email address, along with your website password
- Within 'My Membership', select 'Apply for update'
- Select 'Start Application' and move to 'Education', where you can search for and add the unit of study you completed with Hong Kong Metropolitan University
- Move to 'Documents' and upload a colour scan of your statement of results as a supporting document
Once approved, when you log into My CPA Program you’ll see that you have received an elective exemption.
You’ll then only be required to complete one elective, in addition to the compulsory subjects, to satisfy the requirements of the CPA Program.
Australia Taxation introduces fundamental concepts of income tax law and legislation
This subject provides you with leading-edge, specialised training in the area of Singapore taxation
Members in Fiji may study a local taxation subject offered by the University of the South Pacific (USP)
Discover all you need to know about Australian and New Zealand taxation legislation
Tax tips for accountants podcast series
Four-part series of tax tips for accountants for the 2020-21 tax season
- Personal and career development
Members in Malaysia may study a local taxation subject offered by Sunway TES and Universiti Tun Abdul Razak.