Step 1 – COMPLETE THE PUBLIC PRACTICE PROGRAM
The Public Practice Program is designed to help members establish themselves in public practice. It provides the technical and ethical requirements specific to public practice as well as the business management skills needed for a successful practice.
From January 2020, the program has two components:
- Public Practice Program eLearning – online learning format that focuses on the essential technical and ethical requirements to become a CPA Public Practitioner.
- Public Practice Program Workshop – a workshop designed to help set your business up for success through facilitator led and self-paced practical learning.
Note: The outbreak of COVID-19 has necessitated the cancellation of our face to face events in 2020, including the Public Practice Program workshops. However, we remain committed to supporting our members in public practice and have prepared two options to apply for a PPC in 2020:
- Option 1: Complete a Public Practice Workshop by webinar prior to applying for a PPC
- Option 2: Apply for a PPC prior to completing a Public Practice Workshop or webinar series
Find out more about pathways to PPC during COVID-19 restrictions.
The Public Practice Program eLearning or workshop alternative can be done in either order.
Prior to 2020, as part of the Public Practice Program members may have completed:
- Practice Management instead of Public Practice Program eLearning
- Public Practice Intensive instead of Public Practice Workshop
If you are applying for a Limited Public Practice Certificate, you only need to complete Public Practice Program eLearning.