CPA Australia’s vision is to partner with members to prepare for today and tomorrow in a globally connected world.
The focus of the Retirement Savings Centre of Excellence is on all matters relevant to retirement savings, including superannuation, self-managed superannuation funds, adequacy of retirement savings, pensions and income streams, and financial advice.
ROLE AND PURPOSE
The role of the Retirement Savings Centre of Excellence is to ensure members, and their expertise, are at the forefront of policy considerations and to assist in CPA Australia being a leading voice on issues impacting the profession and the public interest.
Centre of Excellence members work across major components of the financial services industry ranging from some of the largest industry, corporate and retail funds through to self-managed superannuation funds.
The Retirement Savings Centre of Excellence role acts in an advisory capacity to:
- Provide guidance on policy and issues relating to retirement savings
- Identify current and emerging issues relevant to the profession in a timely and effective way
- Provide advice on relevant legislation requiring response/comment
- Provide input and feedback on appropriate policy responses
- Provide thought leadership
- Address issues which impact the profession, focusing on changes in the wider economic environment including globalisation and e-business
- Provide input on possible CPA Australia products and assist development of professional resources.
- Noelle Kelleher CPA, Chair
- Andrew Albury FCPA
- David Denison CPA
- Alex Harken-Yumru CPA
- Bruce Mackley CPA
- Suzanne Maloney FCPA
- Neil Marshall CPA
- Paul May CPA
- Eileen Newby CPA
- Murray Wyatt FCPA
AREAS OF INTEREST
Members possess extensive taxation expertise, and are typically interested in:
- retirement savings policy
- self-managed superannuation funds
- APRA funds (retail, industry, corporate or public sector) as trustees or in administration, accounting, and investments
- financial advice (institutional and independent)
- retirement income streams and pensions
- audit (SMSFs or APRA funds)
- policy and regulation