If the key intangible resources of a business such as its powerful brand are not legally protected, they may be freely used by others without limitation. IP Australia discusses trademarks, the most common IP right that a small business should consider as it distinguishes your client’s goods and services from those of their competitors.
- Why are trademarks important for accountants to understand? 03:45
- Understanding the assessment process for a trademark examiner: 06:36
- Recognising how two trademarks with the same name and different meaning can exist at the same time: 08:42
- Defining how industries are classified in the trademarking process: 10:09
- The trademark application process: 14:17
- The overall costs associated with obtaining a trademark: 17:50
- The international trademark application process: 20:03