ONLINE DELIVERY OF SEMESTER 1 CPA PROGRAM EXAM
In light of COVID-19 and the subsequent closure of exam centres, CPA Australia has been focussed on developing an alternative arrangement for your Semester 1 exam.
We are committed to delivering an exam that not only protects the safety and wellbeing of members and staff, but one that is equitable, stringent and upholds the integrity of the CPA designation you are striving to achieve.
With these principles in mind, we can now confirm that we will deliver an online examination for Semester 1 2020.
These are unprecedented circumstances and we appreciate your ongoing cooperation as we finalise all the details. In the interim, we can confirm:
Your online examination will take place between Friday 8 May and Sunday 17 May
An exam for each CPA Program subject will be delivered on a fixed day and you are not required to schedule your own exam. We will advise you of the date of your examination well in advance.
Choose your own location
You may sit your exam at a location of your own choosing. You will need an internet connection and a device that meets a minimum specification, and we will give you this information in due course.
Continue your study
While we finalise the details we encourage you to continue your study and exam preparation as your access to Guided Learning will be extended.
For members with an approved reasonable adjustment, we will also be in touch with you at this time to discuss your options.
More information forthcoming
We commit to updating you with further information in due course – including more detail on the security of the exam, how your identity will be validated and the required technology specifications.
- We know that our members are facing a unique and challenging set of circumstances and not everyone will feel ready to sit an exam. As always, you have the option to defer to next semester, and we would like to further reassure you by waiving the deferral fee. We’re also extending the deferral deadline to Wednesday 6 May to provide you with ample time to consider your options. It’s an important decision, and we encourage you to wait until you have all the information before making your decision.
- An online examination will be delivered for all CPA Program subjects excluding Singapore Taxation. If you are enrolled in Singapore Taxation, a further update regarding your exam is imminent.
In the interim, contact us if you require support.
Once you've enrolled in a CPA Program subject, your next step is to schedule an exam via My CPA Program.
Once exam scheduling opens, we recommend you schedule your exam as soon as possible to give you the best chance of securing your preferred exam location, date and time.
If you do not schedule your exam by the advertised closing date, CPA Australia will select an exam venue and time on your behalf using your residential address and you may not be able to change it.
Schedule your exam
CPA Program exams are held at the end of every semester. View the exam period for the current semester in important dates.
Exams are held in numerous locations during the exam period and the availability of dates and times will vary by location.
If you are enrolled in Singapore tax, your exam is on a fixed date and time, and there is no flexibility. If you’re unable to sit your exam on that day, consider deferring your enrolment to the following semester.
View exam dates
Due to the secure nature of the exam process and the large number of exams that are conducted globally each semester, alternative exam dates are not available. If the available dates are unsuitable, you should consider deferring your exam to next semester.
Exams are offered in multiple locations, which means the majority of candidates will be able to locate an exam venue within a reasonable distance of their residential address.
The availability of exams will vary by location.
View confirmed exam venues (PDF)
If you cannot identify an appropriate exam venue within a reasonable distance of your residential address, it is important to contact us before the closing date for exam scheduling.
You must provide two original forms of valid and current identification documentation (ID) to the exam:
- your primary ID must be government issued and it must contain your photograph and signature
- your secondary ID must contain either your photograph or signature
The name on your ID must exactly match the name on your member profile with CPA Australia. If you need to update your profile you must contact us at least five business days before your scheduled exam appointment.
- Driver’s licence
- Learner’s permit (plastic card only, with photo and signature)
- National/state/country identification card
- Passport cards
- Military ID
- Military ID for spouses and dependents
- Alien registration card (green card, permanent resident visa)
- Government-issued local language ID (plastic card only, with photo and signature)
- Debit (ATM) card
- Credit cards
- Social security card
- Any form of primary ID
Note: Candidates testing in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore or Vietnam are permitted to use their national ID card, even though no signature is present.
How to schedule your exam
Sign into My CPA Program:
- Select schedule and manage your exams – you’ll be directed to the secure website of our exam partner, PearsonVUE
- Select an exam format – we recommend you select computer-based as the majority of our exams are delivered this way. If you choose paper-based and you do not see an available exam, you will need to go back a step and select computer-based.
- Select an exam centre and click next to choose from available dates and times.
- You can add another exam if you’re enrolled in multiple subjects. If you’ve finished then proceed to check out.
- Confirm your details and you’ll receive an email from PearsonVUE with all your exam details. If you do not see it right away, check your spam folder. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 24 hours, contact us.
We recommend you retain your confirmation email for the duration of the semester. The details of your exam can also be accessed on My CPA Program
You may reschedule your exam, subject to availability, via My CPA Program up until the advertised exam scheduling closing date.
Singapore Taxation exam
Candidates enrolled in the Singapore Taxation subject must attend the exam at the Tax Academy of Singapore's exam venue in Singapore. Change of exam location is not available to candidates enrolled in this subject under any circumstances.
If you have any difficulty scheduling your exam, contact us.
Exams with a reasonable adjustment
If you’ve been granted a reasonable adjustment, we will schedule your exam on your behalf and you’ll be advised of your exam date and time.