Supporting documents

Content Summary

You'll be asked to upload digital copies of your original documents as part of the the online application process.

The outcome of your application can't be confirmed until you've provided all the required documents and you've ticked the relevant statement boxes.

Read on to find out what you need to include.

How to supply documents

You can upload high-quality colour scans of your original documents in your application. To be accepted, your uploaded document must be:

  • a high quality colour scan of the original document.
    A high-quality scan is one that is clear, legible, and free from poor contrast, shadow, obstruction, not blurry and with no cropping or pixilation. Before scanning, please ensure the scanner is set to a minimum of 300 DPI (dots per inch) to avoid low resolution scanning.
  • in one of the following formats: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, PDF, TIFF
  • between 1 and 10 MB in size
  • clearly named in English with a brief description.

We can accept high-resolution photos of your original documents if they are clear (no shadow), legible and show all the document information.

We do not accept documents that are:

  • low-quality scans or scans of a photograph using Scanner or other scanner applications
  • scans of certified or copied documents
  • black and white scans
  • cropped, skewed, blurred, pixilated or altered in contrast or colour
  • encrypted or compressed files.

If we determine that a document is unacceptable, we'll request a re-scanned submission. This will delay the processing of your application.

If an original document is not in English, a corresponding official English translation by a professional translator must be supplied. Both the original and the translated documents need to be provided.

What documents to supply

Official academic transcripts

Transcripts can be from a tertiary degree, postgraduate tertiary degree or professional body qualification. We will only accept high-resolution colour scans of official transcripts or certified digital transcripts such as those provided by My eQuals.

Evidence of degree completion

If you've completed your degree, you'll need to provide an official degree award certificate. If you've completed an accredited degree in Australia or New Zealand within the last 12 months, we can accept a completion letter that states the degree is ‘complete’.

Proof of identity

If you haven't completed the online identity verification, please provide one of the following documents:

  • passport (ID page)
  • national ID card
  • birth certificate
  • drivers licence (with photo).

Public practitioners

In either Australia or New Zealand, if you are acting as a principal in public practice or undertaking any accounting services in your own right, you will need to upload the following information:

  • details of your role and ownership
  • outline of the services offered to the public
  • confirmation that you hold a public practice certificate (PPC).

Find out more about public practice

Members of professional bodies

If you claim membership of an accounting or finance professional body, you'll be required to provide a letter of good standing. The content of your letter should provide the following:

  • the date you joined your professional body
  • the date you achieved your current member status
  • the date your membership fee is paid until
  • confirmation that you are not a member of your professional body by virtue of a mutual recognition agreement
  • confirmation that you are not subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigation and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions.

Some professional body pathways require evidence of professional work experience.

Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants applicants (HKICPA)

Additional requirements apply to members of HKICPA.

Find out more about HKICPA applications

Membership and exemptions with professional bodies