You'll be asked to upload digital copies of your documents as part of the online application process.
The outcome of your application can't be confirmed until you've provided all the required documents and you've ticked the relevant statement boxes.
Read on to find out what you need to include.
How to supply documents
You can upload high-quality copies of your documents in your application. To be accepted, your uploaded document must be:
- a high quality copy
A high-quality scan is one that is clear with all important information visible and legible.
- in one of the following formats: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, PDF, TIFF
- between 1 and 10 MB in size
- clearly named in English with a brief description.
We can accept high-resolution photos of your document/s if they are clear, legible and show all relevant document information.
We do not accept documents that are:
- low-quality copies that impact the readability of important information required for assessment
- encrypted or compressed files.
If we determine that a document does not meet our requirements, we'll request a resubmission of the document, which may delay the processing of your application.
If an original document is not in English, a corresponding official English translation by a professional translator must be supplied. Both the original and the translated documents need to be provided.
What documents to supply
Official academic transcripts
Transcripts can be from a tertiary degree, postgraduate or professional body qualification. We will only accept high-quality copies of official transcripts or certified digital transcripts such as those provided by My eQuals.
Evidence of degree completion
If you've completed your degree, you may need to provide an official degree award certificate. If you've completed an accredited degree in Australia, New Zealand or Hong Kong, we can accept a completion letter that states the degree is ‘complete’, ‘conferred’ or ‘degree awarded’. We may be able to accept similar transcripts for other overseas qualifications without the need for the degree certificate/testamur. These can be assessed on a case-by-case basis where the certificate/testamur is not available.
Proof of identity
If you haven't completed the online identity verification, please provide one of the following documents:
- passport (ID page)
- national ID card
- birth certificate
- drivers licence (with photo).
In either Australia or New Zealand, if you are acting as a principal in public practice or undertaking any accounting services in your own right, you will need to upload the following information:
- details of your role and ownership
- outline of the services offered to the public
- confirmation that you hold a public practice certificate (PPC).
Members of professional bodies
If you claim membership of an accounting or finance professional body, you'll be required to provide a letter of good standing. The content of your letter should provide the following:
- the date you joined your professional body
- the date you achieved your current member status
- the date your membership fee is paid until
- confirmation that you are not a member of your professional body by virtue of a mutual recognition agreement
- confirmation that you are not subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigation and have not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions.
Ready to apply?
Begin your application to become a CPA Australia member today.
Member recognition ceremonies
Celebrate your achievement with friends, family and peers
In-semester support and learning resources
Access a range of resources and support to help you master your studies and manage your time
How to advance to CPA status
Once you’ve met your CPA Program requirements, you’ll be eligible to advance from Associate member to CPA status
Exams and assessment
CPA Program exams are designed to assess your knowledge and understanding
Now you're a CPA: what's next?
Congratulations, you’re now a CPA! Being a CPA is a validation of your knowledge, integrity and commitment to maintaining a high level of professional ethics and standards
If you have completed the CPA Program, you may be able to claim credits towards specialist Master and MBA degrees