SEEKING AN INDEPENDENT NON-MEMBER TO JOIN THE COMMITTEE
CPA Australia is one of the world’s largest professional accounting bodies with a global membership of 166,166 members (as at 31 December 2019) working in more than 100 countries and regions around the world.
CPA Australia is seeking a suitably qualified candidate from outside its membership to join the Nomination Committee for a two year term commencing 1 January 2021.
The Nomination Committee comprises two directors, two members of the Appointments Council, and two independent members. The term of one of the current independent members ends in 2020 and that member is not eligible for reappointment.
The Nomination Committee meets on average six times each year (either in person or via video). In addition, committee members would need to be available for one week in early August to interview candidates for the Board.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of corporate governance and the skills required by board directors. They should possess high standards of ethics, be independent and analytically minded, be able to listen to other points of view, and express ideas clearly.
Candidates will have experience and a proven track record working in a senior position in a professional capacity, with a managerial, regulatory or clinical background. Prior participation in selection panels is highly desirable.
Expressions of interest are particularly sought from people with experience in (but not limited to):
- providing insights into candidate behaviours, skills and suitability to roles, ideally in a professional services environment; and
- member organisations with diverse membership sectors.
Candidates will come from outside CPA Australia’s membership, and not currently be serving on any committee, panel or in a governance capacity at CPA Australia.
CPA Australia promotes and encourages diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Held senior appointments in a professional capacity with a proven track record
- Managerial, professional, regulatory or clinical background
- Understanding of the skills required on and the structure of Boards
- Experience providing insights into candidate behaviours, skills and suitability to roles, ideally in a professional services environment
- Prior participation in selection panels preferred
- Has business expertise
- Has strong commercial skills and insights
- Ability to listen to other points of view and express ideas clearly
- Prior experience in member organisations with diverse membership sectors, highly desirable
Acts independently and has sound ethical judgement
- 'Acts Independently' means not currently employed or contracted by CPA Australia nor currently serving on any committee, panel or in a governance capacity at CPA Australia
Must meet CPA Australia’s fit and proper person requirements which include:
- being a member of good standing in the community and their usual occupation or profession;
- not having or had a criminal conviction (misdemeanours or spent convictions excepted); and
- not having the status of being an undischarged bankrupt.
Applications close at 5pm AEST on Wednesday 30 September 2020.
For candidates to be successfully considered their application must include a statement addressing each of the selection criteria and a current CV.
For further information on selection criteria and how to apply, refer to contact information below.
All applications must be submitted directly to Egon Zehnder.
For further information on CPA Australia’s governance structure, the board, the nomination committee and the election procedures, see: