Live webinars offer a virtual learning experience with the benefit of on-the-spot answers to questions from the presenter.
You need a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with sound to watch a CPA Australia webinar. A broadband connection (including wifi) is the preferred internet connection. It is recommended that you download Google Chrome to access webinars (especially if on Windows 10). A dial-up connection is not recommended as it may not allow the webinar to run properly. Firewalls, security settings and pop-up blockers may impact on your ability to connect to the webinar, so do the test below before the start of the webinar.
You will be sent an email with the access link one day prior to the start of the webinar. Some webinars have workbooks included and the link to download these materials will be in this email. If you haven’t received an email by the morning of the webinar, check your junk mail before you contact us.
First-time users of a CPA Australia webinar should test their hardware and software compatibility on the support portal. You need to go through the testing process on every new device you use.
To check that you have the correct system requirements, complete the following test several hours prior to the webinar to ensure that assistance is available should technical support be required.
Go to CPDlive and click on the orange Test your system button
You do need to enable the CISCO Webex add on and Java
You will be taken to a test webinar with audio
Current changes made to Cisco Webex will impact older operating systems and will no longer support the following:
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Mac OS 10.6
Windows 10 is only supported using the Chrome browser (not Internet Explorer or Firefox) at this stage. Using the Edge browser has limited functionality.
Testing is complete once you have the test webinar on your screen and audio.
Using your smart phone or tablet
Cisco Webex offers you the option to view your webinar anytime, anywhere. Simply go to your app store and download the "Webex Meetings" app. You will need to have your email close at hand as the full integration is not yet in place so you have to enter your details manually.
- Click on Join Meeting
- Enter the 9 digit meeting number, your name and the email address you registered with. Click Join
- You will then need to enter your Registration ID and the webinar password. Click Join
- You can participate in the chat but polls and annotation are restricted on mobile devices at this time.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties:
- Ensure you have completed the system requirements test (above)
- You can click on run a temporary application to get in (not first prize)
- Contact your information technology department, if you have one
- Contact CPDlive via email email@example.com or by phone 1300 273 548 (Australia) OR +61-3-8080-9966
Issues accessing the webinar
Access to the webinar platform may be blocked due to internal firewalls. To avoid any issues follow the instructions in the testing section above. If you fail to access the live webinar, you will receive a recording email unique to you within two business days. You may view this on any device.
Tips and tricks
- Make sure you have the right equipment set up in a quiet room.
- Log on at least 20 minutes before the start of the webinar so you can familiarise yourself with the webinar platform.
- Download the presentation material available via My Online Learning before the start of the webinar.
- Allow Java to run if you are prompted to do so after clicking on the webinar link.
- Live webinars are interactive. Answer questions via the chat function and take part in the polling questions using the button above the chat box on the left hand side of the screen.