Ignite your thinking is an exciting session where you will hear the latest thought leadership ideas from a dynamic line up of speakers. These short impactful presentations on trending subject areas are designed to inspire.
Ignite one: You’ve already been hacked, you just don’t know it yet
An inevitability of modern day life is that sooner or later, you’re going to be hacked. It may be your online accounts with services like LinkedIn or Dropbox, or perhaps your PC being infected with ransomware. It may even be the connected teddy bear you put in your child’s bedroom or the connected car you recently bought. All of these and many more have had serious security incidents, often by exploiting trivial flaws and often without the knowledge of those impacted by them. In this talk you’ll see just how trivial it is for hackers to compromise online systems and some of the simple tricks they use to target their victims. You’ll also see some fundamental security defences, that is, techniques which take mere minutes to implement yet may save you from losing a lifetime of work, or even worse. It’s a scary, humorous and essential talk to see.
Ignite two: Giving customers what they want tomorrow, today
In a global market undergoing rapid transformation fuelled by exponential technology, falling trade barriers, and low cost data applications, traditional businesses come under even greater pressure to innovate to withstand the threat of disruption from new startup players, products and services. So just how do you get creative, think like an entrepreneur and bring the tools of innovation to your everyday workplace to stay ahead of the game? The answer is human-centered design. Learn what the customer wants, find desirable solutions, and employ Design Thinking and lean start-up methodology to transform the way you deliver and invest in new ideas, products and services.
Ignite three: Relax. Nothing is under control!
Everybody will agree that putting a ladder over a banana-peel is not the most efficient solution to avoid slipping on the peel. But most organisations have a lot of ladders - inefficient rules, systems, procedures, assumptions - some due to uncertainty, lack of trust and fear of change. But in times of disruptive change, organisations need professionals who can turn problems into opportunities and change their thinking patterns.
Author, Microsoft Regional Director and MVP - Developer Security
- Troy is a Microsoft Regional Director and MVP, Pluralsight author and world-renowned internet security specialist.
- He spends his time teaching developers how to break into their own systems before helping to piece them back together to be secure against today’s online threats.
- He’s also the creator of “Have I been owned?”, the free online service for breach monitoring and notifications.
Entrepreneur, Innovator, Design Thinker
- Madeleine is passionate about democratising creativity, storytelling and innovation teaching others to embed this in their everyday process using best practice methods such as Design Thinking, lean startup and agile methodologies.
- Madeleine is the co-founder of girledworld, an edtech startup building the next innovation generation of female leaders, entrepreneurs and STEM champions
- She holds a Monash University Arts Degree, certifications in IDEO Design Thinking and Inventium Innovation Facilitation, a Master of Entrepreneurship from the University of Melbourne and Master of Strategic Philanthropy and Grantmaking from Swinburne University.
- Madeleine currently serves on the Advisory Board of Newco Melbourne, Human Rights Arts & Film Festival, Cool Australia Education, University of Melbourne Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship Alumni Council and Space2b.
- Cyriel Kortleven is on a mission in life: to deliver an inspiring boost to the creative and entrepreneurial mindset of professionals in change.
- Cyriel stimulates people to break their fixed-thinking patterns and inspires you to unleash your full potential.
- He has over 15 years’ experience in creativity and innovation and is the author of four books.