To complete their CPA Congress experience, attendees benefited from our masterclasses. Masterclasses are designed so that you can master the skills needed to advance your career. CPA Congress will be back in 2020 with more masterclasses.
All the tips, tricks and techniques that the xperts use.
- Tables, Pivot Tables, Chart Tips, Shortcuts.
-Discover formulas and features that have been added to Excel in Office 365 in recent years.
- A quick introduction to how Power Query can make your efficiency soar by automating the way you access and clean up data.
- How to build professional interactive Excel Dashboards.
- Enable single click updates.
- Build a dashboard from start to finish.
- Design tips.
- Functions and structures to minimise maintenance.
- Clever tricks to add that little bit of wow factor to your reports.
Awareness of VLOOKUP is high, but its risks are not widely appreciated.
There are alternatives:
- INDEX MATCH is a more robust more flexible alternative to VLOOKUP and in this session you will learn a trick on how to make it easier to write than a VLOOKUP.
- Power Query can be used to merge 2 data sets together.
- Power Pivot can be used to create relationships between data sets, and you will see how 70 million VLOOKUP equivalents can be done with a simple drag and drop!
Excel's Power Query blows everyone away when they first see it. You will not believe how much time you can save connecting to data and cleaning it up using this utility.
- Connect to multiple sources of data.
- Clean up data from messy CSV files.
- Pull data directly from source systems.
- Merge, Append, Filter and the amazing Unpivot feature!
This session will cover basic principles for new-comers and more advanced functionality and best practice tips for those that have already begun to use it.
Power BI is a Microsoft data visualisation tool that is dominating the Business Intelligence World.
- Pull data straight from your system.
- Join data from multiple sources.
- Create engaging interactive reports to help drive the business.
- Gain quick insights generated automatically by the software.
The finance function and finance professional are at the crossroads. Their roles are changing from a largely back office, after the fact audit and compliance role to one of engaging with the rest of the business to proactively drive organisational value through involvement in strategy, decision support and performance management. So what does it take to be an effective finance business partner?
The ideal finance business partner is someone who possesses good technical management accounting skills, strong analytical skills, an excellent understanding of the business, and most crucially highly tuned soft skills.
With the future of the profession being challenged with technological advancements such as AI and robotisation, it is the ‘intelligent humanisation’ of the role that will ensure its sustainable future. This is the challenge facing every finance professional. This masterclass will explore the competencies, skills and attributes required to transform into a valued finance business partner as well as explore the exciting landscape of future finance professionals.
Topics covered include:
• What’s driving the shift to finance business partnering
• Exploring the FBP skills and competencies matrix
• The increasing strategic role of future finance professionals
• Exploiting the powerful management accounting toolkit
• The enabling technology for enhancing business partnering
Excel contains some powerful functions that can help you in creating financial models that are flexible, robust and powerful.
Recently, Microsoft have also released many game-changing new functions that will dramatically transform the way financial models are constructed.
Come along & see these new functions in action and learn how to apply them to your models.
If you’d like to follow all with the examples provided during this session, you’ll need to have Excel 2016+ or Office 365 (Office Insider edition) on a PC.
Donna McGeorge makes work work.
She is passionate about enhancing the large amount of time we spend in our workplace (too much, for many) to ensure it is effective and productive, as well as enjoyable.
Donna has worked with managers and leaders throughout Australia and the Asia-–Pacific for over 20 years. She delivers practical skills, training, workshops and facilitation to corporates — such as Nissan Motor Company, Jetstar, Medibank Private and Ford Motor Company — so they learn to manage their people well and produce great performance and results.
She also knows that when we decide to be intentional, we can surprise ourselves with what we can achieve. Donna has authored 6 books and her CV includes: Manager of Theatre, Sports & Concert Tours for the UK-based Keith Prowse; Asia–Pacific Organisational Development Manager for Ford Motor Company in Shanghai, China; as well as roles at Telstra, Qantas & Ernst & Young.
Enhance your core accounting and finance skills in the areas of tax, audit and assurance, compliance, financial planning, analysis and reporting.
Find out how to transform your business using improved processes and management skills, the latest technologies and shared services.
Refine your skills and become a highly productive, effective and well-rounded individual.
Hear the latest trends and opportunities specific to your sector, including corporate, SME, not for profit and public sector.
Become an outstanding finance leader by enhancing the power of innovation, successfully managing change and driving a high-performance culture.
Understand shifts in the domestic and global economy, the regulatory environment, the latest fraudulent activities, and consumer and competitive markets to build risk mitigation strategies.
Great Eastern Highway, Burswood WA 6100
SAXONS TRAINING FACILITIES
1/140 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Copyright 1997-2019 CPA Australia Ltd