Migration skills assessment services

If you’re planning on migrating to Australia or New Zealand, you will need to perform a skills assessment to determine if you meet skilled migration visa requirements. As an authorised assessing authority, CPA Australia conduct skills assessments to ensure that your qualifications and experience match the required standard of the industry in your chosen country.

Skills assessment process

Follow our step-by-step guides to completing a skills assessment for migration to either Australia or New Zealand.

Assessment process for Australia

Assessment process for New Zealand

Eligibility requirements

The eligibility requirements for skilled migration to Australia and New Zealand are slightly different. Make sure you review the required documents for each country before beginning the application process.

Eligibility requirements for Australia

Eligibility requirements for New Zealand

Processing times

It currently takes us approximately 15 to 20 business days to process applications once we receive all necessary documents. Please note this wait time may vary depending on the volume of applications.

If your application requires additional supporting details, your assessment will be put on hold until that information is received.

End-of-year office closure

CPA Australia offices will be closed during the 2021/22 festive season, from Monday 20 December 2021 to Monday 3 January 2022 (inclusive), and this period will be excluded from the processing times for migration applications. We will endeavour to process received applications as soon as possible after our office reopens on Tuesday 4 January 2022. We thank you in advance for your patience and wish you a happy and safe holiday season.

Assessment fees

Fees will vary depending on your location and whether you’re migrating to Australia or New Zealand. Head to your chosen destination’s page to view the relevant fee schedule.

Assessment fees for Australia

Assessment fees for New Zealand

CPA Australia doesn’t award or provide advice on points for visa applications. We recommend you contact the Department of Home Affairs for visa advice.