Supporting the New Colombo Plan
CPA Australia has been a consistent supporter of the New Colombo Plan (NCP) from its planning phase through to its inception.
The NCP is a partnership between government, universities and the private-sector to provide a new generation of Australians with direct experience living, studying and undertaking work placements in the Indo-Pacific.
Rob Thomason, our Executive General Manager – Education, was recently appointed by the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs as a Business Ambassador for the NCP.
The Australian Government is encouraging businesses to consider participating in the NCP by offering internships and mentorships in the Indo-Pacific region to Australian undergraduates. Businesses can offer professional experience in a great range of fields, including accounting, law, communications, design, human resources, and marketing, as well as in humanitarian, medical, engineering and technical roles.
CPA Australia is actively encouraging more accounting students to apply for NCP Scholarships.
We are confident that NCP graduates will help you build a team capable of operating in the Indo-Pacific and that this will assist your organisation to:
- identify and enter new markets
- better manage culturally diverse teams
- achieve outcomes in foreign business environments
By offering internships to NCP scholarship holders, your organisation will benefit by:
- harnessing the skills of talented young Australians
- accessing undergraduates who may be valuable future employees, volunteers and supporters
- building awareness of your organisation’s objectives and challenges
- joining the future of Australia’s engagement with our neighbours in the Indo-Pacific
Organisations can register interest on the NCP Internship and Mentorship website
or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.