STANDARD 4: STAFF DEVELOPMENT
Academic staff has current knowledge in the topics they deliver, and demonstrate scholarship.
- Academic staff undertake relevant professional development, which could include further relevant academic study with a research component, or are engaged in activities that enhance their ability to deliver current knowledge.
- Academic staff are engaged in professional or scholarly activities. These may include but are not limited to:
- authoring accounting text books and non-research journal articles
- reviewing or refereeing academic research articles
- supervising theses
- presenting papers at academic or professional meetings or conferences
- participating in professional development activities recognised by CPA Australia
- preparing case studies and other teaching materials based on their experience as a professional accountant or consultant, or as an outcome of time spent on "industry experience leave"
- serving on expert panels in organisations
- active membership of relevant academic or professional boards or committees
- contributing to developing financial reporting standards, ethical and professional standards and other relevant standards
- Details of staff professional development undertaken during the past year, currently undertaking and planned.
- A summary of research outputs for the past 1-2 years.
- Details of professional development and scholarly activities in which staff are currently or have been involved for the past 1-2 years.