STANDARD 3: ACADEMIC STAFF
The higher education provider must demonstrate that an adequate number of appropriately qualified academic staff are available to ensure required learning outcomes can be delivered.
- Academic staff members who teach students in the program are expected to hold a qualification in the relevant discipline at least at an equivalent or preferably higher level than the course of study being taught or with equivalent professional experience.
- It is expected that each of the required competence areas will be coordinated by a specialist academic staff member.
- Effective policies and procedures governing employee recruitment, performance appraisal and development must be implemented.
- A list of academic staff which includes their current qualifications and any further qualifications that they are working towards and the discipline area in which they teach or co-ordinate.
- A copy of the provider’s policies on employee recruitment, performance appraisal and development.