Study options for Fiji Taxation
Members in Fiji may study AF439 ‘Advanced Taxation Contemporary Issues’, a local taxation subject offered by the University of the South Pacific and receive recognition of that study in the CPA Program.
CPA Australia and the University of the South Pacific have a long-standing relationship that ensures they are expertly placed to deliver this local taxation solution for members in Fiji.
The subject content will undergo regular review to ensure it meets CPA Australia's stringent expectations.
When to choose Fiji Taxation
If you have not satisfied CPA Australia's tax competency requirement, you are advised in My CPA Program to complete taxation study, (Australia Taxation) as a requirement to become a CPA.
However, if you're based in Fiji and intend to pursue a career in Fiji, it may be more appropriate to complete local taxation study with the University of the South Pacific.
What to expectTo complete this study with the University of the South Pacific, you will be required to:
- Enrol with the University of the South Pacific by contacting Dr Nacanieli Rika at [email protected].
- Follow instructions provided by the university, study using the resources provided, and sit an exam with the university.
- When you successfully complete the subject and receive an official statement of your exam result, submit this to CPA Australia for recognition as an elective unit of study in the CPA Program.
How to apply for recognition
- Log in to our website using your member ID or email address, along with your website password.
- Within Menu, select ‘Become a CPA’ then the ‘Apply now’ option.
- When the page has loaded, please select ‘Apply for update - Start’.
- Move to Education, where you can search for and add the unit of study you completed with the University of the South Pacific.
- Move to 'Supporting Documents' and upload your results under the correct heading.
Once approved, when you log into My CPA Program you'll see that you have received an elective exemption.
You'll then only be required to complete one elective, in addition to the compulsory subjects, to satisfy the requirements of the CPA Program.
Australia Taxation – Advanced
An extension of Australia Taxation, this subject examines advanced tax issues including income tax law
Australia Taxation introduces fundamental concepts of income tax law and legislation
New Zealand Taxation
Members in New Zealand may study a local taxation subject offered by Massey University and Lincoln University
Taxation study options
Recent changes to taxation study in the CPA Program mean that it’s easier to choose the subjects that suit your career goals
Discover all you need to know about Australian and New Zealand taxation legislation
This subject provides you with leading-edge, specialised training in the area of Singapore taxation