2. Our obligations
CPA Australia is required to comply with Hong Kong law in respect of its operations there, as well as with applicable Australian law. In particular, we seek to comply with the requirements of Hong Kong’s Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PDPO).
4. Use of personal data for direct marketing in Hong Kong
As in other jurisdictions, CPA Australia intends to use personal data collected from Hong Kong residents to send to them marketing communications offering or advertising the availability of goods, facilities and services (Direct Marketing). Under the PDPO, we may not use such personal data for Direct Marketing unless we have received consent from these data subjects to that intended use.
4.1 Kinds of personal data
We may use your name, address email address, and information about your preferences for Direct Marketing. These preferences might relate both to the communication channels which you prefer for receiving direct marketing from us and the types of products and services in which you are interested.
4.2 Classes of marketing subjects
Your personal data may be used for Direct Marketing in relation to the following:
- news and information, including publications by CPA Australia;
- member research, including member surveys;
- professional development offerings and opportunities, including CPA Australia Congress; and
- benefits, products and services offered by CPA Australia partners and sponsors, including credit cards and associated rewards, banking and financial services, insurance, telecommunications services and devices, travel and leisure, news publications and subscriptions, technology and lifestyle products, business financial services, business insurance, and business support services and classes.
4.3 Communication of your consent
You may communicate your consent to our use of your personal data for Direct Marketing free of charge by the following channels:
- when providing us with your personal data through our website, clicking on the button indicating your consent;
- when providing us with your personal data through a form, signing on the form indicating your consent; or
- following the instructions in the document on which you are providing your personal data to us.
5. Retention of personal data
All personal data that has been collected from you will only be kept for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose for which your personal data is to be used and for as long as required by applicable law.