The Regulatory Burden Report (PDF), released on 1 October 2019, enables CPA Australia to collaborate with other professional bodies to present a united front to government to advocate for regulatory reform.
The report confirms our concerns that regulatory burden is having significant impact on both public practice and their clients. And it proposes five recommendations including:
- Review the definition of key terms
- Refine product advice and introduce strategic financial planning advice
- Individual licensing or registration of financial advisers
- Align codes of ethics and continuing professional development requirements
- Consider changes to the tax registration system
Hear from Andrew Hunter, CEO CPA Australia, discuss the key report insights in this short highlights video