This week's episode was recorded in front of a live audience at CPA Congress and features Cameron Howell, head of group financial performance at Westpac talking about future financial performance management, and how to prepare for the unexpected. Cameron's experience led him to reflect on the changing nature of the skills required for future financial performance managers, and the increased value of finance professionals and helping companies to chart their future.
- 1:14 - Preparing for the unexpected in business and dealing with a crisis
- 9:10 - The big question facing banking and the finance community is technology and what could happen next
- 9:42 - Embracing the unknown that is technology
- 12:28 - Artificial intelligence and the potential impacts on the accounting and finance profession.
- 16:03 - Can technology help us to focus on the future and allow us to focus on parts of the more important parts of our roles?
- 26:19 - The definition of agitating from a business perspective and how to use this in your favour
- 32:17 - Influence and the value that this skill can have on your professional career
- 39:25 - The importance of networking in terms of developing your future and always being prepared for the unexpected