CPA Australia’s Taxation Centre of Excellence provides members with an opportunity to advise on key Australian taxation policy issues of interest to member and the wider community.
The work of the Taxation Centre of Excellence helps inform CPA Australia’s policy work and advocacy on matters as diverse as Australian Taxation Office rulings, through to major government policy initiatives in Australia and other global markets in which CPA Australia operates.
ROLE AND PURPOSE
The role of the Taxation Centre of Excellence is to ensure members, and their expertise, are at the forefront of policy considerations and to assist in CPA Australia being a leading voice on issues impacting the profession.
The work covers policy at international, national, regional and domestic levels with the purpose of influencing the development and application of tax laws in the public interest.
The Taxation Centre of Excellence role acts in an advisory capacity to:
- provide guidance on policy and issues relating to Australian taxation
- identify current and emerging issues relevant to the profession in a timely and effective way
- provide advice on relevant legislation requiring response/comment
- provide input and feedback on appropriate policy responses
- provide thought leadership
- address issues which impact the profession, focusing on changes in the wider economic environment including globalisation and e-business
- provide input on possible CPA Australia products and assist development of professional resources.
- Alexis Kokkinos CPA, Chair
- Keith Clissold FCPA
- Stuart Drake CPA
- Ken Fehily CPA
- Sunita Jogarajan
- Phil McCann FCPA
- Aaron Ng CPA
- Michael Parker ASA
- Ian Raspin FCPA
- Sue Williamson FCPA
AREAS OF INTEREST
Members possess extensive taxation expertise, and are typically interested in:
- tax policy
- law and administration issues
- taxation administration.
- Tuesday 19 May from 10:00am to 1:00pm (AEST)
- Tuesday 25 August from 10:00am to 1:00pm (AEST)
Contact Elinor Kasapidis, CPA Australia Tax Policy Adviser for further information.