CPA Australia’s vision is to partner with members to prepare for today and tomorrow in a globally connected world.
ROLE AND PURPOSE
The role of the External Reporting Centre of Excellence is to ensure that members expertise is appropriately leveraged to develop policy positions and support CPA Australia as a leading voice on standards, legislation and related regulation relevant to external reporting and audit and assurance.
The External Reporting Centre of Excellence acts in an advisory capacity.
The work of the External Reporting Centre of Excellence covers policy at international, regional, national, and state level to influence the development, issue and implementation of relevant standards, legislation and related regulation and policies on external reporting and audit and assurance in the public interest. The External Reporting Centre of Excellence role is to primarily act in an advisory capacity to:
- Provide guidance on policy and issues relating to external reporting, auditing and assurance
- Identify current and emerging issues relevant to the profession in a timely and effective way
- Provide advice on consultations, including proposed standards, guidance, legislation or regulation
- Provide thought leadership
- Provide input and feedback on appropriate policy responses
- Be a strategic sounding board for CPA Australia policy advisers
- Provide input on possible CPA Australia products and assist development of professional resources
- Address issues which impact the profession, focusing on changes in the wider economic environment including globalisation, evolving stakeholder needs and technological change
- Jessie Wong FCPA, Chair
- Dean Hanlon CPA
- Mark Hucklesby FCPA
- Len Jui FCPA
- Peter Kerr FCPA
- Vanessa Lim CPA
- Andrew Marks FCPA
- Julie Sinclair FCPA
- Siva Sivanantham CPA
- Shaun Steenkamp CPA
- Nick Walker CPA
AREAS OF INTEREST
Members possess extensive financial reporting or audit and assurance expertise, and are typically involved in:
- financial reporting functions in the public or private sector
- auditing and assurance in public practice or government audit offices
- accounting, audit or assurance technical advisory in public practice, government or academia
- regulation, standard-setting or enforcement.