Emerging technologies such as distributed ledger technology and blockchain are expected to have significant impact on the nature of work carried out by accountants and auditors.
CPA Australia’s Digital Transformation Centre of Excellence partners with members to prepare for you today and tomorrow in a globally connected world.
Our Policy and Advocacy team conducts research and thought leadership activities on digital transformation and its impacts on the accountancy profession.
The role of the Digital Transformation Centre of Excellence is to primarily act in an advisory capacity.
- Provide guidance on policy and issues relating to digital technology and business transformation and the potential impact on the profession
- Identify current and emerging issues relevant to the profession in a timely and effective way
- Provide advice on relevant legislation requiring response/comment
- Provide input and feedback on appropriate policy responses
- Provide thought leadership
- Address issues which impact the profession, focusing on changes in the wider economic environment including globalisation and e-business
- Be a strategic sounding board for management
- Provide input on possible CPA Australia products and assist development of outputs
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Business transformation enabled by technology
- Implementing innovative business processes
- Fintech, accounting information systems and business intelligence software
- Big data and data analytics
- Emerging technologies
- Internet of Things
- Cyber security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud computing