ROLE OF THE MENTEE
To be eligible for assistance as part of the Mentor the Treasurer program, organisations must meet the income cap, that is, be an Australian based not-for-profit organisation with an annual gross revenue from all sources, not exceeding $250,000.
All mentee treasurers are expected to:
- be available for mentoring sessions at mutually convenient locations and times
- ensure you fully comprehend the processes described in the Treasurer guidebook (PDF) and as outlined by your mentor
- implement appropriate accounting processes and financial controls
- maintain regular communication with your mentor
- provide feedback to CPA Australia at the end of the mentoring assignment
While mentee organisations are under no obligation to implement the mentor's recommendations, failure to do so may be sufficient cause to terminate the relationship, especially where serious breaches are not being addressed.
All participants in the Mentor the Treasurer Program agree to keep confidential the information they are exposed to, and if you are concerned about matters of confidentiality, you may ask your mentor to sign a non-disclosure agreement that legally obliges the mentor to keep your information confidential.
To resign from the mentee program, go to “my profile”, select “resign from program” and press submit, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information read the full rules and regulations (PDF).
To register as a mentee you must first start an account with Pro Bono Australia.Create account
Already have an account?