Engaging in the CPA Australia Mentoring Program allows mentees to develop new skills and enhance existing ones via a professional connection with a more experienced member. The program is designed to support each mentee in finding guidance and support as they work towards their own professional growth and career progression. In addition to these benefits, participants also earn 10 CPD hours for completing the program.
Who can apply?
Mentee applicants must:
- be a current member of CPA Australia, residing in Australia or New Zealand
- have three or more years of experience in the accounting profession after completing the CPA Program OR (if applicant is an Associate Member) successful completion of 1 CPA Program subject in the last 12 months. (Priority will be given to fully qualified members)
- be willing to proactively connect with your mentor and take ownership of the relationship
- have clear goals that you wish to achieve through participation in the program
- be willing to commit time each month to meet with your mentor.
The role of the mentee
- Set clear goals about what you want from the program and track progress towards achieving them.
- Take responsibility for the success of the relationship by booking meetings and catch-ups.
- Respect your mentor's time and also your own. Make sure you give this program your full attention and devote enough time to achieve the outcomes you are seeking.
- Prepare for your meetings to ensure maximum benefit from the experience.
- Respond to your mentor and the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Advise the Program Manager immediately if there are problems or your circumstances change, and you can no longer fulfil your responsibilities.
- Training, reading and program events: Up to 1 day in total.
- Preparation and time spent in mentoring conversations and follow-ups: 1-2 hours per month.
- Complete the short program surveys sent to you: 1 hour in total.
- Complete the mandatory training provided by Wednesday 3 May, 2023. Non-completion will lead to removal from the program.
- Read and abide by the Code of Conduct (see below).