2. The Promoter of the Competition is CPA Australia Ltd (ABN 64 008 392 452) of Level 20, 28 Freshwater Place Southbank VIC 3006 (Promoter).
3. The Competition commences on Monday, 26 September 2016 to Friday, 30 September 2016 (Promotional Period).
4. Entry in this Competition is open to any person that:
a) is aged 18 years or older;
b) resides in Australia; and
c) has taken a photograph showing ‘sportsmanship and success’ and posted such photograph on Instagram under the hashtag #CPApicoftheday,
(“Entry” or “Entrant”).
One Entry will equal one entry into this Competition.
5. The Promoter’s and Australian University Sport’s: (a) employees, directors and their immediate family members; and (b) agents, agencies and sponsors, are ineligible to enter this Competition. Corporate entities (as described in the Corporations Act) are also excluded from entering this Competition.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries and to disqualify: (a) any Entry which in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements; (b) any Entrant who tampers with the entry process (referred to in Clauses 4 and 5); (c) any Entrant in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter; or (d) any Entry that is not in accordance with any of these Terms & Conditions.
7. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an Entry should be directed to Promoter.
SELECTION OF THE WINNER(S)
8. The Competition will be a game of skill and will be managed by the Promoter in accordance with the following:
a) Shortlist Process
One photograph from valid Entries will be selected by a judging panel of two (2) staff members from the Australian University Sport and one (1) staff member of the Promoter on 4pm (AWST) on each day over the first 4 days of 2016 University Games (“Unigames”) to make up a shortlist of Entries (“Shortlisted Entries”).
The Shortlisted Entries of photographs will be posted on their respective day, being Monday 26 September to Thursday 29 September, on the UniGames Facebook page for supporters to view, like and share.
The criteria for judging will be based on the artistic quality of the photo and representation of the values of ‘sportsmanship and success’ shown in that photograph Entry.
b) Final Winner
The final winner of the Competition will selected by a judging panel of two (2) staff members from the Australian University Sport and one (1) staff member of the Promoter and will be announced on the UniGames Instagram and Facebook pages at 5pm (AWST) on Friday, 30 September 2016, directly prior to the UniGames Closing Presentation on Friday, 30 September 2016 (“Winner”). The winner will also be announced at the UniGames Closing Presentation on Friday, 30 September 2016 where they can receive their Prize (as per below).
The criteria for judging will be based on the artistic quality of the photo and representation of the values of ‘sportsmanship and success’ shown in that photograph Entry. The number of likes and reposting of each Shortlisted Entry will also be taken into account for selection of the Winner.
If the Winner is not in attendance at the Closing Presentation to receive their Prize, the Winner will be contacted by the Promoter through their social media page within 10 working days of the Unigames Closing Presentation on 30 September 2016 and will be mailed the Prize.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Winner provide proof of identity, proof of residency and/or proof of Entry in order to claim a prize. In the event that an Entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner may forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered (at the Promoter’s discretion).
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner retrospectively if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner or the Winner’s Entry is of a type described in clause 6 or if the Winner does not comply with any Term and Condition.
13. If there are no valid Entries during the Promotional Period then no Prize(s) will be awarded.
14. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, if a Winner is unable to be reached (following reasonable attempts by CPA Australia) and such Winner does not claim the Prize by 31 October 2016 (as deemed reasonable by CPA Australia), the second best Shortlisted Entry will be selected as the winner (Second Winner).
15. The Second Winner will be notified through their social media account within 5 business days of the relevant Competition re-selection.
16. Subject to any non-excludable statutory obligations, the Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
17. The “Prize” is a one (1) $500 (including GST) travel voucher from Flight Centre and valid from to 21 September 2017.
18. The Winner will be awarded the Prize.
19. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
20. Except for the Prize, the Winner will be liable to pay for all other fees and expenses (including, but not limited to, fuel, insurances, excess and any other fees and expenses whatsoever) associated with the Prize or generally the Competition.
21. If the Prize is unavailable, for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
22. If a Winner does not accept a the Prize or an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that Prize or the element of that Prize will be forfeited by the Winner and the Winner will not be entitled and will not receive another prize or incentive (including cash) in lieu.
23. Prize values are based upon the used recommended retail prices as at the date of the Terms and Conditions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value following the date of the Terms and Conditions.
USE OF WINNERS’ IMAGE/VIDEO
24. The Winner(s) hereby permits the Promoter, its employees, agents or contractors to film, photograph, video/audio record the Winner(s) and use such video, image and/or voice, including the Entry, for marketing, promotion or advertising purposes in connection with CPA Australia (at its discretion), in any media and medium whatsoever throughout the World (Use Rights) and the Winner will not be entitled to and will not claim any fees or royalties for such Use Rights.
25. The Winner(s) agrees to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests by the Promoter relating to the Prize and the Competition, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the Prize.
26. The Winner provides its express Moral Rights consent with respect to any Use Rights upon its Entry into this Competition. The Winner will not bring a claim in respect of any of its Moral Rights in respect of the Use Rights exercised by the Promoter.
27. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
28. The Promoter and each of its related bodies corporate, officers, employees and agents accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected Entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason whatsoever.
29. The Promoter and each of its related bodies corporate, officers, employees, agents and licensees are not liable to the Winner(s) for any tax implications arising out of the Prize or the Competition (including any Fringe Benefits or Personal Income Tax). Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize.
30. The Promoter will not be liable to any person or organization (including Entrants) for cancelling or postponing the Competition if such cancelation or postponement: (a) is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism; (b) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition; or (c) in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter harm the promoters reputation or cause or likely to cause the Promoter to breach any arrangements with third parties or any Commonwealth or State regulations or legislation.
31. Subject to any liability which cannot be excluded at law, the Promoter and each of its related bodies corporate, officers, employees, agents and contractors will not be liable for any loss or damage (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) whatsoever which is suffered by any Entrant, Winner(s) or any other person associated with this Competition, that arises out of or is connected with this Competition including, but not limited to; (a) any personal injury or death arising from the Prize or the Competition generally; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate information associated with this Competition; or (c) any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries.
32. All Entries become the property of The Promoter. Subject to the Privacy Statement below, the Promoter may use the Entrant’s names, addresse(s) and telephone number(s) for future marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.