Centres of Excellence
CPA Australia has recently renewed and refreshed its Centres of Excellence – structured forums where experienced specialists assist in developing CPA Australia’s policy position.
The Centres of Excellence are:
- Environmental, social and governance
- External reporting
- Retirement savings
The Board has also recently approved the establishment of two new centres:
Policy and Advocacy Roadshow
- Ethics and professional standards
- Business transformation / technology.
A series of events across Australia where members can provide input on CPA Australia’s position on policies announced as part of the 2019 Australian federal election, including franking credits, the cost of managing tax affairs, CGT, negative gearing, the Hayne Royal Commission and other current issues.
More than 1100 members participated in series one.
Recorded in Melbourne on Tuesday 9 April 2019.
Roadshow series part two
The Policy Update Roadshow series continues in the second half of 2019, with the Policy and Advocacy team visiting 23 capital and regional centres in Australia and New Zealand to provide members with a broad overview of current topics relevant to the accounting profession, including:
Final Report on the Banking Royal Commission
- The Federal Government’s tax and superannuation policy agenda post-election
- Financial planning, superannuation, retirement savings and aged care reviews
- Parliamentary Committee Inquiry into the regulation of auditing in Australia
- Regulatory burden
- Financial reporting
- Climate Change policy
A summary of recommendations (PDF) and call for input from members to inform CPA Australia’s position.