CPA Australia has appointed two new directors, reappointed two directors and elected the President and Chair and two Deputy Presidents to its board. The appointments are:
- Bryan Chung FCPA (Aust.), a CFO and director with over 25 years’ experience in investment banking and venture capital firms, specialising in digital finance and advising fintech start-ups.
- Anthony Wright, a CEO, company director and founder of Asia Pacific legal services and tech business, Lexvoco. Anthony has extensive experience across a broad range of specialised fields including legal, governance, risk and compliance, finance, ESG and marketing.
- Louise Cox FCPA, director at CPA Australia since 2019 and a respected accountant and lawyer with more than 30 years’ experience as a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance Officer, and Non-Executive Director across the legal, accounting, architecture, education and mental health sectors.
- Bernard Che-Wai Poon FCPA (Aust.), a director at CPA Australia since 2021 and Partner at Ernst & Young (EY) specialising in valuations and financial modelling with experience in the area of merger and acquisition, financial due diligence, auditing, training and development.
Louise Cox, Bernard Poon and Bryan Chung have each been appointed for a three-year term from 1 October 2022. Anthony Wright has been appointed to fill a casual vacancy for a non-member director for one year. We congratulate each of these individuals on being appointed as directors.
In addition, Merran Kelsall FCPA has been re-elected as President and Chair of the board. Meanwhile Professor Dale Pinto FCPA has been re-elected as Deputy President and Warren McRae FCPA has also been elected as Deputy President.
“I’m very proud to be re-elected as President and Chair of CPA Australia. I thank my colleagues on the board, CEO Andrew Hunter and his team and CPA Australia’s members for your ongoing support,” Kelsall said.
“I congratulate Professor Dale Pinto FCPA and Warren McRae FCPA on being elected as Deputy Presidents and sincerely thank Rosemary Sinclair AM FCPA for her dedication and guidance as Deputy President for the past 12 months.
“I’m delighted to welcome new directors Bryan Chung and Anthony Wright, two innovative business leaders who bring unique and diverse skills to the board. I also warmly congratulate our two re-appointed directors, Louise Cox and Bernard Poon and look forward to their continuing contribution.
“The Board is united in our determination to position CPA Australia as a leading professional body that supports members in advancing their career goals. Today we release our new organisational strategy, following extensive consultation with more than 1000 members. The new CPA Australia strategy maps a pathway for the profession into the future.”
These Board appointments bring the number of directors on the board to 10, the maximum permitted by the CPA Australia Constitution. The Appointments Council, comprising members elected from CPA Australia's Divisional Councils, made the appointments in accordance with CPA Australia's Constitution.
The 10 members of the CPA Australia Board will be:
- Merran Kelsall FCPA, President and Chair
- Professor Dale Pinto FCPA, Deputy President
- Warren McRae FCPA, Deputy President
- Bryan Chung FCPA (Aust.), Director
- Louise Cox FCPA, Director
- Professor Yew Kee Ho FCPA (Aust.), Director
- Helen Lorigan, Director
- Bernard Che-Wai Poon FCPA (Aust.), Director
- Rosemary Sinclair AM FCPA, Director
- Anthony Wright, Director
Jennifer Duke, External Affairs Lead on 0438 592 389 or email: [email protected]
香港 | 2022年4月12日
New Zealand: Sustainability reporting leaps forward with launch of global standard setter
Media release | 3 November 2021
CPA Australia in the news
Our experts appear in publications worldwide, offering insights on contemporary accounting issues
Technology a key to small business growth
Media release | 7 April 2022
CPA Australia Podcasts
CPA Australia podcasts provide commentary and thought leadership across business, finance and accounting.
CPA Australia: Usaha kecil Indonesia menjuarai pertumbuhan bisnis di Asia Pasifik di tengah ancaman pandemi
Media release | 8 April 2022