CPA Australia is pleased to announce the election of a new President and Chair and two Deputy Presidents, as well as the reappointment of one director and the appointment of three new directors to the Board.
John Curtin Distinguished Professor Dale Pinto FCPA has been elected as President and Chair of the Board. Warren McRae FCPA has been re-elected as Deputy President, alongside Louise Cox FCPA who has also been elected as Deputy President.
Anthony Wright has been reappointed to the Board as a non-member director for a three-year term commencing 1 October 2023.
The three new directors appointed to the Board are:
- Kaushika Jayalath CPA: An experienced Solutions Consultant at Oracle Corporation specialising in higher education, implementing cloud technology solutions to drive enterprise finance transformations and sustainable change management.
- Anna Quinn FCPA: A senior executive and company director with extensive experience across a broad range of industries, including marketing, media, digital, ecommerce, retail, and consumer business.
- Sarah Adam-Gedge CA: A chartered accountant with extensive experience as a CEO and executive leader in the digital transformation and technology industry and as a non-executive director across a range of listed, private and not-for-profit organisations, including Austal Ltd, Codan Ltd, Bravura Solutions Ltd, Kinetic IT Pty Ltd and Cricket Australia.
Sarah Adam-Gedge CA, Kaushika Jayalath CPA and Anna Quinn FCPA have each been appointed for a three-year term commencing 1 October 2023. The Appointments Council, which comprises members elected from CPA Australia's Divisional Councils, made the new director appointments in accordance with the CPA Australia Constitution.
“I am deeply honoured to be elected as President and Chair of CPA Australia and I extend my congratulations to Warren McRae and Louise Cox on being elected as our Deputy Presidents,” said Professor Pinto.
“I also congratulate Anthony Wright on his reappointment as well as Sarah Adam-Gedge, Kaushika Jayalath and Anna Quinn on their respective appointments and warmly welcome all of them to the Board. They bring enthusiasm and expertise and share our dedication and united commitment to deliver value to CPA Australia’s members.”
Merran Kelsall AO FCPA, Rosemary Sinclair AM FCPA and Helen Lorigan are retiring as directors effective from 30 September 2023.
Merran has been a director since 2017 and served as Deputy President from 2017 to 2020, and as President since October 2020. Rosemary has been a director since 2017 and served as Deputy President from October 2021 to September 2022. Helen has been a director since 2017.
“CPA Australia sincerely thanks Merran Kelsall, Rosemary Sinclair and Helen Lorigan for the significant contribution they have each made as directors and for their unwavering dedication to CPA Australia’s members and promoting the value of the CPA Australia designation,” said Professor Pinto.
“In particular I’d like to pay a special tribute to our Immediate Past President Merran Kelsall who has dedicated six years as a director and office bearer, leaving an indelible mark on the organisation and its members.”
The 10 members of the CPA Australia Board from 1 October 2023 are:
- John Curtin Distinguished Professor Dale Pinto FCPA, President and Chair
- Warren McCrae FCPA, Deputy President
- Louise Cox FCPA, Deputy President
- Sarah Adam-Gedge CA, Director
- Chung Yew Pong (Bryan) FCPA (Aust.), Director
- Professor Yew Kee Ho FCPA (Aust.), Director
- Kaushika Jayalath CPA, Director
- Bernard Che-Wai Poon FCPA (Aust.), Director
- Anna Quinn FCPA, Director
- Anthony Wright, Director
External Affairs Lead. CPA Australia
+61 401 461 503