Member’s name: Xueyan Zhang
Date of hearing: 27 September 2023
Division: New South Wales
Tribunal: Disciplinary Tribunal
On 27 September 2023 the Disciplinary Tribunal found Xueyan Zhang breached CPA Australia’s 11 May 2022 Constitution, Article 36(a) in that she:
- committed, participated in or been involved with an Adverse Event” as defined in Article 76(d)(i) as having “engaged in dishonourable practice in any profession or undertaking” with respect to her publishing CPA Australia exam content.
- committed, participated in or been involved with an Adverse Event” as defined in Article 76(d)(ii) of the 11 May 2022 Constitution as having “engaged in conduct, which is derogatory to, or not in the best interest of the company or its members” by breaching undertakings.
Ms Zhang attended the Disciplinary Tribunal hearing and admitted the complaints.
Penalty and costs:
The Disciplinary Tribunal found the complaint sustained and imposed the following penalties:
- A severe reprimand.
- A fine of $3000.
- Suspension from membership for a period of 1 year.
- A fine of $8000.
- Ms Zhang must complete the Ethics and Governance segment of the CPA Program prior to 30 June 2024.
- The member was ordered to pay a contribution to CPA Australia’s costs of $2744.00.