Member’s name: Mr Stephen S Zande
Date of Hearing: 30 August 2012
Division: Western Australia
Tribunal: Disciplinary Tribunal
On 30 August 2012 the Disciplinary Tribunal found that on seven occasions Mr Stephen Zande breached Article 39(a)(ii)G of the Constitution in respect of being found guilty in the WA District Court on 5 August 2011 of seven counts of stealing as a servant, which was upheld on appeal to the Supreme Court of Western Australia. Over approximately 18 months Mr Zande had stolen in excess of $124,000 from his former employer. On appeal, the Supreme Court sentenced Mr Zande to an effective period of imprisonment of 2 years.
Penalties and costs
The Disciplinary Tribunal imposed the following sanction and costs:
- Forfeiture of Membership.
- That Mr Zande not be entitled to reapply for Membership for ten years and only after:
- he has provided proof to the satisfaction of CPA Australia that he has successfully been treated for an undiagnosed medical condition, and
- has completed the CPA Program as a non-member.
- Mr Zande was ordered to pay costs of $719