Member’s name: Nigel Bruce Bradshaw
Date of Hearing: 21 March 2012
Division: New South Wales
Tribunal: Disciplinary Tribunal
On 21 March 2012 the Disciplinary Tribunal found Mr Nigel Bruce Bradshaw breached:
- Article 39(a)(ii)G of the Constitution in respect of being found guilty in the Local Court of New South Wales at Hornsby on 6 April 2011 of twenty counts of breaching sections 178BA and 178BB of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) in stealing approximately $60,000 from his former employer
- Article 39(a)(ii)E of the Constitution in that he has "become Insolvent.
In respect of the criminal convictions the Court sentenced Mr Bradshaw to a term of imprisonment of twelve months to be served by way of an Intensive Correctional Order.
Penalties and costs
The Disciplinary Tribunal imposed the sanction of forfeiture of Membership for the later of five years or the period of his bankruptcy and costs of $611.
Should Mr Bradshaw make application for readmission, it is a condition of readmission that he first:
- provide proof to the satisfaction of CPA Australia that he has no subsequent convictions involving dishonesty
- provide proof to the satisfaction of CPA Australia that he has complied with the Intensive Correction Order
- provide proof to the satisfaction of CPA Australia that he has overcome or has managed his gambling addiction
- pay CPA Australia’s costs of $611.