Member’s name: Ms Lily H Tjoe
Date of Hearing: 30 August 2012
Division: Western Australia
Tribunal: Disciplinary Tribunal
On 30 August 2012 the Disciplinary Tribunal found that on 23 occasions Ms Lily Tjoe had breached Article 39(a)(ii)G of the Constitution in respect of being found guilty in the WA District Court on 1 February 2012 of 23 counts of stealing as a servant.
The Court found that over approximately three years Ms Tjoe had stolen in excess of $285,000 from her former employer.
Ms Tjoe was sentenced to 22 months imprisonment with a non-parole period of eleven months and ordered to pay compensation of $96,908.25.
At the Disciplinary Tribunal Hearing Ms Tjoe admitted the breaches
Penalty and Costs
The Disciplinary Tribunal imposed the following sanction and costs:
- Forfeiture of Membership.
- That Ms Tjoe not be entitled to reapply for Membership for ten years and only after:
- she has provided proof to the satisfaction of CPA Australia that she has satisfied the compensation order, and
- has completed the CPA Program as a non-member.
- Ms Tjoe was ordered to pay costs of $643