CPA Australia is one of the world's largest accounting bodies with a global membership of more than 150,000 members working in 120 countries around the world, with more than 25,000 members working in senior leadership positions.
Our core services to members include education, training, technical support and advocacy. Employees and members work together with local and international bodies to represent the views and concerns of the profession to governments, regulators, industries, academia and the general public.
CPA Australia is known for being the world’s best member service organisation.
To maximise the share of people who want a career built on professional accounting skills.
CPA Australia’s 2012 – 2014 corporate plan (PDF) focuses on:
- protecting the public interest
- providing the world’s best member service standards
- building the sustainability of the organisation
- providing members and potential members with access to world-class knowledge and advocacy
- building the capability of the organisation
What is a CPA?
A CPA is a finance, accounting and business professional with a specific qualification. Being a CPA is a mark of high professional competence. It indicates a soundness in depth, breadth and quality of accountancy knowledge.
CPAs are widely regarded by employers and members. It provides members with an internationally recognised qualification as well as the opportunity to complete specialist training and continuing professional development (CPD). To use the CPA designation, a member must:
- complete a degree or a postgraduate award recognised by CPA Australia
- complete the CPA Program, including three years of professional experience in finance, accounting or business
- undertake CPD activities each year
- comply to a strict code of conduct set by CPA Australia
To offer public accounting services, CPAs must also complete CPA Australia's Public Practice Program, which involves distance learning and a residential component, and must hold a Public Practice Certificate in accordance with the CPA Australia's by-laws.